A Reelsboro resident was picked in the drawing held on Craven St. on Friday, Nov. 13
The winner, Teresa Caelen of Reelsboro, Pamlico County, was notified by phone shortly after the drawing. Wendy Card of New Bern Now drew her name from a basket containing the more than 250 sweepstakes tickets submitted during the month-long event.
The merchants and businesses of Craven Street have put together a special gift basket worth about $500 in merchandise and gift cards for one lucky winner. No purchase is necessary to win.
Beautiful Craven Street in Historic Downtown New Bern is chock-full of wonderful experiences including dining, shopping, services, and ambience. While you shop, take a leisurely stroll past some of Downtown New Bern’s most distinctive and historic buildings.
Participants could sign up at sponsoring locations as often as once per day per location. Signups for the drawing were from Oct. 16- Nov. 12, 2020.
Gift Basket Contents
Here’s among the items the winner received:
- Exclusive Mitchell Hardware Cranberry pecan cheese ball mix, a New Bern bear towel, a Mitchell Hardware koozie, and a Mitchell Hardware gift card.
- Custom frame and matting with fall foliage print from Ballantyne Framing & Art.
- T-shirt, a house rub spice container, and $30 gift card from The Grill at Prohibition.
- Unique, botanical printed accessories created by Andrea Owens of Red Shoe Studio Gallery, which feature leaves from trees and gardens around New Bern.
- Matched pair of framed original paintings, “Pollock Street Pub Clams” and “Pollock Street Pub Oysters,” by Lisa Bisbee of Greater Good Gallery.
- $50 in-store gift card from Twice As Nice Upscale Consignment Boutique.
- $50 in-store gift card from Peacock’s Plume.
- Old School Brand Buttermilk Pancake mix, Iron Fish Distillery Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup, and high-quality whisk from Small Batch Gallery + Goods.
- In-store $50 gift certificate from Blush Boutique.
- $50 in-store gift card and custom 4-piece set of glassware from Morgan’s Tavern & Grill.
- $25 Gift Certificate, New Bern Beary Merry Christmas Dish Towel, Bearly Awake New Bern Coffee Mug, Wheelers Peanuts, and Local North Carolina Gold Rice from Nautical Wheelers.
- $50 in gift cards from Supporting Sponsors Branch’s Furniture and Edward Jones.
Craven Street Gift Basket Giveaway Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. (A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.) The Craven Street Gift Basket Giveaway is a collaboration between New Bern Post LLC, 1322 Spencer Avenue, New Bern, NC 28560, the Sponsor, along with the following New Bern, NC business sponsors: Ballantyne Framing & Art, 220 Craven St.; Blush Boutique, 223A Craven St.; Branch’s Furniture, 208 Craven St.; Edward Jones, 246 Craven St.; Greater Good Gallery, 228 Craven St.; Mitchell Hardware, 215 Craven St.; Morgan’s Tavern & Grill, 235 Craven St.; Peacock’s Plume, 248 Craven St.; The Grill at Prohibition, 237 Craven St.; Red Shoe Gallery, 226 Craven St.; Small Batch Gallery + Goods, 250 Pollock St., corner of Pollock and Craven streets; Twice as Nice Upscale Consignment Boutique, 224 Craven St.; and Nautical Wheelers, 202 A Craven St.
How to Enter:
No purchase is necessary. Enter by signing up at any of the business sponsors’ sign-up stations. Enter your name, email address, and phone number. You can only enter once a day at each location, but you can enter at multiple locations on the same day or come back every day and register again.
Your Email Address:
The business sponsor may choose to use the email address you provided in order to send emails to you about the sweepstakes or about other things. You can always unsubscribe from a mailing list.
Promotion Campaign Period:
Sweepstakes begins at 12 p.m. EDT Friday, October 16, 2020
and ends at 12 p.m. EST Friday, November 13, 2020.
All entries will be entered into a random drawing on November 14, 2020.
A Craven Street Gift basket consisting of approximately $500 value.
You must be at least 18 years old to register. Employees and families of Sponsor and business sponsors are not eligible to register. You are not allowed to register for friends who are not physically in a sponsor’s store.
Odds of Winning:
Your odds of winning depends on the number of total entries received during the promotional campaign period. Multiple entries might improve your chances, but whether you make a purchase has no effect on your odds.
The winner will be notified by phone or email, and needs to provide some form of identification when they pick up the prize. If we don’t hear from you within three days, an alternate winner will be selected.
No substitution or transfer of the prize is allowed. The business sponsors do have the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. If the prize is a gift card, the sponsor is not obligated to replace it if it is lost, stolen or damaged, or expired. No photocopies of a gift card will be honored.
By entering, you agree to comply with these rules. The decisions made by the sponsor and of business sponsors are final and binding. None of the sponsors of this sweepstakes assume any sort of liability for any reason as a result of the sweepstakes.
This promotion complies with all state and federal laws and is not intended to be a form of gambling. Any person attempting to use it for gambling will be disqualified and reported to the authorities. All state, federal, and local laws apply.