Annotated CITY OF NEW BERN now with Results!
BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING
OCTOBER 17, 2017 – 7:00 P.M.
CITY HALL COURTROOM
300 POLLOCK STREET
- Meeting opened by Mayor Dana E. Outlaw. Prayer Coordinated by Alderman White. Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Request and Petition of Citizens.
Spoiler: Nothing happened
- Consider Approving a Proclamation for Friends of Libraries Week.
- Consider Approving Extended Construction Hours for NC New Bern, LLC.
- Approve Minutes.
- Presentation of 2017 Beautification Awards by New Bern Appearance Commission.
Spoiler: If you haven’t heard about this, you weren’t nominated. See Winners
- Presentation by Craven County Alcoholic Beverage Control Board. Spoiler: City getting $14,654.00 ($68,592. total for the year) More
- Consider Approving the 2018 Holiday Calendar.
Approved … there will be holidays. Admission that they cribbed from county. Why reinvent the wheel?
- Consider Adopting a Resolution Assigning the Solid Waste Collection Services Agreement Dated April 11, 2017 between the City of New Bern and Republic Services of North Carolina, LLC to Waste Industries, LLC.
Spoiler: zzz … approved … zzz
- Consider Adopting a Resolution Initiating the Upset Bid Process for 1221 Main Street.
One person bidding for this …
- Consider Adopting a Resolution Initiating the Upset Bid Process for Property on Main Street Identified as Tax Parcel ID 8-013-198.
… and the same person bidding for this
- Consider Adopting a Resolution Approving the Sale of 1114 Williams Street.
- Consider Adopting a Resolution Approving the Sale of 1129 G Street.
- Attorney’s Report.
Nothing further, your honor
- City Manager’s Report.
Praise for city workers at MumFest and a teaser about Old Airport Road. More
- New Business.
- Closed Session.
Spoiler: There be secrets here. Waiting for word from the city attorney about any action taken
Assuming this happened. I wasn’t there