- When: Saturday, May 19th, 9 a.m. until noon
- Where: New Bern Convention Center, 203 South Front Street, New Bern
- Cost: $10 (additional household members FREE); includes information-packed CD
As every boater knows, obtaining local knowledge is an important part of a safe and enjoyable boating experience. In this educational seminar, you will receive detailed information about the Neuse River and adjoining waters. While the primary focus is on the Neuse and Trent rivers, you will also learn the locations and features of many popular anchorages, marinas, and boatyards in the Neuse and Pamlico river basins, as well as the ICW to Morehead City/Beaufort and on to Cape Lookout.
The presentation will incorporate electronic charting but it would be helpful for you to bring NOAA charts 11552 and 11548 (or their equivalents) to follow along. To get the most from this presentation, the attendees should already have some general boating knowledge. This is not a basic boating course.
In another seminar offered Saturday, SEVERE WEATHER – PREPARATION AND PLANNING, find out what to do and what NOT to do when severe weather threatens.
- When: Saturday, May 19 , 1-4 p.m.
- Where: New Bern Convention Center, 203 S. Front St., New Bern. This course if free but pre-registration is required and seating is limited.
- Cost: Free
For more information and to register this seminar e-mail: David Fort firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message at 252 672-1653
On the Web at http://www.newberncgaux.org/
The U.S Coast Guard Auxiliary is the uniformed civilian component of the United States Coast Guard and supports the Coast Guard in nearly all mission areas. The Auxiliary was created by Congress in 1939. For more information, please visit http://www.newberncgaux.org/.