With states opening up more but a full reopening only possible once most of the population has been vaccinated, the personal-finance website WalletHub on Tuesday released updated rankings for the States with the Fewest Coronavirus Restrictions.
To identify which states have the fewest coronavirus restrictions, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 14 key metrics. Our data set ranges from whether restaurants are open to whether the state has required face masks in public and workplace temperature screenings.
North Carolina numbers
Coronavirus Restrictions in North Carolina (1=Fewest, 25=Avg.):
- 16th – Requirement to Wear a Face Mask in Public
- 18th – State Guidance on Customer Health Checks at Restaurants
- 30th – Large Gatherings Restrictions
- 50th – Strictness of “Shelter in Place” Order
- 22nd – Reopening of Non-Essential Businesses
- 20th – Reopening of Restaurants and Bars
- 15th – Working from Home Requirements/Recommendations
Note: Rankings are based on data available as of 12:30 p.m. ET on March 1, 2021.
For the full report, visit: