New Bern Post is discontinuing operations.

New Bern Post editor Randy Foster and his wife Sarah will be leaving the New Bern area. Randy Foster was editor of the New Bern Sun Journal from 2009-2017 and New Bern Post from 2017 to present.

“It was a great honor to be a journalist in New Bern,” Foster said. “I was among a long list of newspaper editors in New Bern dating to the 1740s.”

Foster has been a journalist for more than 30 years and will continue to look for opportunities in journalism as they arise.

A test merger between New Bern Post and New Bern Now did not work out.

Wendy Card will continue to run New Bern Now. Meanwhile, Bill Hand, formerly of the Sun Journal, has been named editor of New Bern Live.

“I hope that the community supports both of them with their advertising and subscription dollars,” Foster said.

New Bern Post will no longer be updated, and it will go off-line in the next month or two.

Anyone needing to contact New Bern Post or Randy Foster can do so by emailing.

5 Comments

  1. Say it isn’t so.
    Randy, thank you for all you have done for New Bern, we wish you the best in your next edition.

  2. Randy, thank you for all your contributions to our New Bern area. I have agreed with 90% of your positions and respected the position you had on the other 10%. I wish you the best for the future and always remember your time in Eastern NC.

  3. Randy, thank you for all you have done over the last four years to “keep it local” for our news and community announcements. While we will miss you in New Bern, I am hoping the future holds good things for you, Sarah and your family.

  4. Randy, thank you for your reporting in New Bern. Your coverage of coronavirus ,both personal and local, has been invaluable. I will miss your commentaries.

  5. I moved away from New Bern a few years ago. Your work helped keep me connected to my favorite place. Best of luck and thanks for all you did and will do.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.