Please review these important reminders to stay safe around natural gas meters and appliances, especially during severe weather.

Call Piedmont Natural Gas if you see wind-related damage:

If you see or suspect wind or tree damage to natural gas lines, call us at 800-752-7504 or call 911.

If water has entered your home:

Do not attempt to disconnect, clear debris from or work on any natural gas appliance, including your meter.
Do not attempt to relight any of your natural gas appliances. Instead, call 800-752-7504.

If your natural gas appliances are damaged by water:

Natural gas appliances damaged by water may need to be replaced according to manufacturer guidelines and instructions.

When choosing a contractor for repair or replacement of your natural gas appliances, make sure the contractor is licensed, is committed to safety and follows all manufacturer safety guidelines.

For a list of Piedmont’s Gas Advantage Dealers, go here.

If you suspect a natural gas leak (and remember, natural gas smells like rotten eggs):

Leave the premises immediately and call Piedmont Natural Gas at 800-752-7504 or dial 911.

Do not use your home phone and use a cellphone only if you are outside the home and away from the smell of natural gas.

Do not use anything electrical inside your home that may cause a spark (this includes all appliances and cellphones).
Do not attempt to locate or stop the leak or to turn off your natural gas.

Never use outdoor equipment indoors:
If you lose power, never bring natural gas grills or fueled generators indoors for cooking.

Call 811 before you dig:
Have lines located before you repair storm damage or dig anywhere on your property.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.