Craven County Schools students will be learning remotely for the first semester this upcoming school year, and need your help more than ever in getting those students who have been identified as in need by their principals and counselors the school supplies they will need.
Just because they are learning from home does not mean they won’t need school supplies.
To assist those students, Partners in Education (PIE) will have a bright yellow school bus and colorful totes set up in front of Staples in New Bern on Aug. 15, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.. The supplies collected will be disbursed once school starts by the school principals.
However, if you are not comfortable purchasing supplies and dropping them off, we are making it easy to support our students:
- Donate thru Go-Fund-Me.
- Donate thru the PIE website.
- Purchase items thru the PIE Stuff the Bus Target Registry – (to ensure that items arrive before the event, please order by Aug. 7). Items will be delivered to the event for you.
Links to these websites, along with a school supply list, can be found at https://cravenpartners.com/.
Or you can drop off your supplies at an Advanced Drop Off Location thru August 14:
- Century 21 Zaytoun Raines at 312 S. Front St.
- Christ Church at 320 Pollock St.
- Craven County Schools at 3600 Trent Rd.
- Edward Jones – Dan Roberts at 301 South Front St., Bldg. 1, Ste A
- Rankin & Fiume Orthodontics at 608 McCarthy Blvd.
- Staples at 3230 Dr. M.L. King, Jr., Blvd.
- Target at 3410 Dr. M.L. King, Jr., Blvd.
- Toyota of New Bern at 5010 US Hwy 70 East
Scroll down to find a school supply list to assist you with purchasing supplies and artwork if you would like to share this event on social media.
“I understand that everyone is not able to give a little extra right now,” said Darlene Brown, PIE executive director. “However, our students and teachers appreciate any support you are able to give them during these very difficult times.”
- Saturday, Aug. 15, 2020
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Staples – New Bern
Four ways to support our students and teachers:
- Drop off at an Advanced Drop Off Location (until Aug. 14)
or at the event
- Donate on GoFundMe
- Donate on the PIE website
- Purchase school supplies through the Target gift registry – items will be delivered to the event for you.
Find a list of Advance Drop-off Locations and links to the above sites here.
School supplies collected will be distributed through the principals of Craven County Schools.