Due to the most recent recommendation from the Governor, the following activities have been postponed until further notice to help mitigate the spread of coronavirus:
- All In-County Field Trips
- Elementary Battle of the Books- March 13, 2020
- Kindergarten Ready, Set, Go Meetings -March 16th & March 24, 2020
- Craven LIVE Recruitment Evenings- March 16th & March 17, 2020
- Kindergarten Registration- March 17, 2020 (JT Barber Elementary) & April 2, 2020 (all other elementary schools)
- All-County Honors Band Concert-March 26, 2020
- All-County Honor Chorus Performance April 6, 2020
- Spring Art Reception- April 7, 2020
- All School-Based Assemblies & Concerts
- Athletics-The N.C. High School Athletic Association will suspend all high school athletics statewide as concerns over the coronavirus grow. The suspension of athletics will be effective at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 13th and last through April 6, 2020. It includes all games, practices, workouts, and skill development sessions. In alignment with this decision, Craven County Schools will also cancel all middle school athletics following the same restrictions.
We recognize that these decisions to cancel or limit activities may be disappointing to some; however, our decisions are being made with the guidance of state officials, in an abundance of caution for our students and staff, and with the care and consideration of our community and neighbors in mind.
As indicated by our local, state, and national news, this is a rapidly changing situation. We want to ensure that our parents, employees and students are informed with accurate information.