The Craven County Health Department has filled all appointment slots for the week of Jan. 19, 2021. Online scheduling is now closed. The online scheduler will open back up once the county notices of its next vaccine shipment from NCDHHS. Information can change daily, so check the county’s vaccine page frequently.
If you have questions, call 252-636-6693 for assistance.
Craven County updated its COVID-19 vaccination plan on Jan. 14 in accordance with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) plan that directly aligns with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance. The CDC announced new guidance this week
regarding individuals 65 years of age and older.
The NCDHHS has recategorized priority populations into groups. Craven County is currently vaccinating Groups 1 and 2.
Group 1 – Health care workers fighting COVID-19 and Long-Term care staff and residents
Group 2 – Older adults:
- Anyone 65 years of age or older, regardless of health status or living situation.
- Group 3 – Frontline essential workers. The CDC defines frontline essential workers as workers who are in sectors essential to the functioning of society and who are at substantially higher risk for exposure to COVID-19.
Group 4 – Adults at high risk for exposure and increased risk of severe illness:
- Anyone 16-64 years of age with high-risk medical conditions that increase risk of severe disease from COVID-19 such as cancer, COPD, serious heart conditions, sickle cell disease, Type 2 diabetes, among others, regardless of living situation.
- Anyone who is incarcerated or living in other close group living settings who is not already vaccinated due to age, medical condition, or job function.
- Essential workers not yet vaccinated. The CDC defines those as workers in transportation and logistics, water and wastewater, food service, shelter and housing (i.e., construction), finance (i.e., bank tellers), information technology and communications, energy, legal, media, public safety (i.e., engineers), and public health workers.
Group 5 – Everyone who wants and safe and effective COVID-19 vaccination
For updates on which groups are currently being vaccinated, vaccination locations, appointments, and resources please visit the COVID-19 vaccine page and the Craven County Health Department Facebook page.
Citizens who do not have access to the internet should call the COVID-19 vaccine call center at 252-636-6693; share this information with people who don’t have internet access.
Call center staff are available from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to answer questions and assist individuals that do not have access to the internet.