UPDATE: Meeting cancelled due to approaching hurricane.
Editor’s note: Changes to how City Hall posts its agenda with background information has made it difficult to translate it into a single webpage. Below is the basic agenda, with New Bern Post editor notes in bold. To see the entire packet, go here.
CITY OF NEW BERN BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING
SEPTEMBER 11, 2018- 6:00 P.M.
CITY HALL COURTROOM 300 POLLOCK STREET
- Meeting opened by Mayor Dana E. Outlaw. Prayer Coordinated by Alderwoman Harris. Presenting and Retirement of Colors by New Bern Fire and Police Departments. Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Request and Petition of Citizens.
- Consider Adopting a Proclamation Acknowledging Constitution Week.
- Approve Minutes.
- Presentation by Friends of Kafer Park.
Note: Kafer Park has been used for professional and semi-professional sports in the past but has gone disused since a Negro League team disbanded in 1965. A group proposes the baseball field be brought back to life, including a stadium. Check out the PowerPoint presentation for these plans. – Ed
- Presentation on Preliminary Plans for Use of Grant Funds Received for Martin Marietta Park.
Note: Check out the PowerPoint presentation for plans for this huge undertaking. – Ed
- Presentation on National Night Out.
- Discussion of Part-Time Animal Control Officer.
Note: Last we heard, the city was having trouble filling this position. There was talk about making it full-time to make it easier to fill. – Ed
- Consider Adopting a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a NC Department of Transportation Grant Agreement on behalf of the New Bern Area Metropolitan Planning Organization.
- Consider Adopting a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Sign a Grant Contract with NC Department of Natural and Cultural Resources.
Note: City has received a grant to extend the Riverwalk from near New Bern Towers through to First Street. – Ed
- Consider Adopting a Resolution Approving the Installation of Additional Street Lights Near Duffy Street.
- Consider Adopting a Budget Ordinance Amendment Acknowledging the 2018 Entitlement Cities Grant.
- Attorney’s Report.
- City Manager’s Report.
- New Business.
- Closed Session.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE SHOULD CALL 639-7501 NO LATER THAN 3 P.M. THE DATE OF THE MEETING